Remedium Job Portal
Emergency Medicine Specialty Doctor - November Trip
We’re looking for Specialty Doctors in Emergency Medicine- CESR for an NHS Trust in the North of England.
Successful applicants will ensure the provision of high-quality emergency care within the EDs as well as helping with clinical leadership and supervision and support of junior doctors working within the department.
This post is offered on a full time 10 Programmed Activity basis (9 DCC PA’s and 1 SPA PA’s). There is also the potential for the post-holder to agree a job plan up to a maximum 12 PA.
The main duties of the post will include
- Provision of care to patients in the Emergency Department.
- Referral of patients to other specialities as appropriate
- In conjunction with senior colleagues to play a full role in 24/7 Emergency Medicine service including night shifts. Although post holders may not initially have the competencies to manage the specialty cover overnight it is expected that during the rotation they will develop to take on this role.
- Out-patient activities/clinics dependent on the needs of patients
- Involvement in relevant multi-disciplinary teams and meetings
- Involvement in relevant administration duties
- Teaching and supervision of junior medical staff and other clinicians as appropriate
- Active involvement in audit and clinical governance including service improvement activities
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice.
- Medical Degree from recognised medical school
- Higher qualification e.g. MRCEM
- Evidence of life support courses e.g. ALS, ATLS or APLS / EPLS provider
- Evidence of completion of short training course relevant to EM e.g. airway or ultrasound courses