Remedium Modern Slavery Policy
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. We have a zero- tolerance approach to modern slavery, and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015:
We expect the same high standards from all our contractors, suppliers, and other business partners, and as part of our contracting processes, we include specific prohibitions against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery or servitude, whether adults or children, and we expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
This policy applies to all persons working here at Remedium Partners or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, officers, seconded workers, volunteers, interns, agents, contractors, external consultants, third-party representatives and business partners.
This policy does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment, and we may amend it at any time.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities and accountabilities related to the ownership, implementation and revision of this policy are governed by the Board of Directors & HR Manager.
- The Senior Leadership Team has overall responsibility for ensuring this policy complies with our legal and ethical obligations, and that all those under our control comply with it.
- HR Manager has primary and day-to-day responsibility for implementing this policy, monitoring its use and effectiveness, dealing with any queries about it, and procedures to ensure they are effective in countering modern slavery.
- Management at all levels are responsible for ensuring those reporting to them understand and comply with this policy and are given adequate and regular training on it and the issue of modern slavery in supply chains.
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chains is the responsibility of all those working for us or under our control.
- All colleagues are required to avoid any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
- You must notify your manager or the HR or the Board as soon as possible, if you believe or suspect that a conflict with this policy has occurred or may occur in the future.
- You are encouraged to raise concerns about any issue or suspicion of modern slavery in any parts of our business or supply chains of any supplier tier at the earliest possible stage.
- If you believe or suspect a breach of this policy has occurred or that it may occur, you must notify HR or the Board as soon as possible.
- If you are unsure about whether a particular act, the treatment of workers more generally, or their working conditions within any tier of our supply chains constitutes any of the various forms of modern slavery, raise it with your manager or HR.
- We aim to encourage openness and will support anyone who raises genuine concerns in good faith under this policy, even if they turn out to be mistaken. We are committed to ensuring no one suffers
- Any detrimental treatment as a result of reporting in good faith their suspicion that modern slavery of whatever form is or may be taking place in any part of our own business or in any of our supply chains. Detrimental treatment includes dismissal, disciplinary action, threats or other unfavourable treatment connected with raising a concern. If you believe that you have suffered any such treatment, you should inform your manager, HR or the Board of Directors immediately. If the matter is not remedied, and you are an employee, you should raise it formally using our Whistleblowing Policy.
- Our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery must be communicated to all suppliers, contractors and business partners at the outset of our business relationship with them and reinforced as appropriate thereafter.
- Any colleague who breaches this policy will face disciplinary action, which could result in dismissal for misconduct or gross misconduct.
- We may terminate our relationship with other individuals and organisations working on our behalf if they breach this policy.
New from Remedium: Employer Branding
Remedium are now offering Employer Branding as part of our recruitment support package - find out more here!
NHS Executive Strategy Summit: Our Key Takeaways
Remedium attended the NHS Executive Strategy Summit, where we heard from leading NHS figures on the workforce- here are our key takeaways.
Remedium Turns 10: 1 Mission
Remedium has one mission - to solve the UK healthcare staffing crisis. Find out more about what our mission means to us here!
“We were looking for a full time and substantive Breast Consultant Radiologist and had struggled to recruit to this role for more than a year, and thus opted for market mapping enhanced searches from Remedium. Ollie Jansen and Sebastian Evans were our key contacts throughout the process and both were very responsive to any questions and were able to arrange meetings with potential candidates swiftly and conveniently. It has resulted in a 2-year fixed term Locum Consultant Breast Radiologist appointment made which is a fantastic result. The team were professional and communicated well with us and with candidates, and ultimately helped us to recruit into a role that we have struggled to recruit into ourselves”.
Chris Treloar - Service Line Manager - Women’s Cluster
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
“I required assistance with the current ED Consultant rota as questions around efficiencies and time management. With your expertise in this field you gained the trust of the Consultants to coach and address the issues at hand with the aim of a fair rota for all. Due to the success of your support in several other specialities, we requested your support in Stroke and Older People care. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the work you and your team have supported but also to say it has been a great pleasure working with you.”
Liz Wells - Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
Interim Director of Operations for Medicine, Urgent and Emergency Care
“Having worked in NHS Recruitment for almost 8 years, I have been approached by many Recruitment Agencies, hoping to work with the Trust. I have found that there is a bit of a stigma around Recruitment Agencies, who are more often than not, on the face of it, relatively money driven and in my personal opinion, struggle to make a connection with one Trust because they are working with so many. Charlie doesn't fit this stigma. We have built a working relationship I am actually quite proud of. He is professional, supportive, realistic and most importantly open and honest — and of course with the calibre of candidates he presents."
International Resourcing lead for Medics, STHK
“It's very difficult to recruit to a number of specialties due to national shortage. Going abroad to recruit can be daunting - Remedium have navigated all this for us, giving me confidence to take calculated risks as part of a long term plan.”
Operations Director - SASH NHS Trust
“I am really impressed with your support and care regarding my job here, especially during the testing times of the COVID pandemic. I would recommend Remedium to whoever is interested in working in the NHS as a doctor.”
Dr. R. Purohit
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Doctor - Middle Grade
“I have been very impressed with the level of customer service provided by David and his Remedium team
and would be very happy to work with them again.”
Dr. Bill Bailey
Clinical Director Emergency Medicine - Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
“Meticulously professional is the phrase that comes to mind.”
Dr. P. Devapal
Paediatrician - SHO
“The teamwork in Remedium is really commendable and I will strongly recommend your organisation to anyone. I am so proud to be associated with your great team.”
Dr. L. A.
Get in touch with Remedium today
Contact us to find out how we can support you to achieve your goals