Remedium Job Portal
We are seeking a Consultant Ophthalmologist to join a leading NHS Trust.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering high-quality patient care to patients with a wide variety of conditions.
The role offers subspecialty interest development in Glaucoma, Paediatrics, Cataract/General, Oculoplastic and Corneal.
- Provide expert clinical care and management of patients with a wide range of ophthalmic conditions.
- Conduct comprehensive ophthalmic assessments, including history-taking, examination, diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Perform surgical procedures such as cataract surgery, laser treatments, and other ocular surgeries as required, adhering to best practice guidelines and maintaining high standards of surgical proficiency.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams including optometrists, nurses, orthoptists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated patient care and optimal treatment outcomes.
- Participate in clinical audit, research, and teaching activities, contributing to the advancement of ophthalmic knowledge and the development of evidence-based practices.
- Provide supervision, mentorship, and training to junior medical staff, ophthalmic trainees, and other members of the clinical team.
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives, service development projects, and departmental meetings to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of ophthalmic services within the Trust.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development by keeping abreast of advancements in ophthalmology, attending relevant conferences, and participating in relevant training programs.
- Full GMC registration
- Entry on the Specialist register or be within 6 months of entry.
- Full FRCOphth, or equivalent