Remedium Job Portal
Registrar in Obs
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to join a leading Trust in the East of England.
This is a 12-month contract position with the potential for extension, offering an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative department. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing excellent patient care and contributing to the ongoing development of our brand new maternity and gynaecology wards.
- Provide comprehensive clinical care to obstetric and gynaecology patients under the supervision of consultants.
- Participate in the management of antenatal, labour, and postnatal care, ensuring high-quality and evidence-based practices.
- Conduct regular ward rounds, assess patients' conditions, and provide appropriate treatment plans.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to ensure seamless coordination of patient care.
- Perform deliveries and surgical procedures as required, with a focus on achieving a first ATSM in labour within 12-18 months of joining.
- Attend and actively contribute to departmental meetings, educational sessions, and clinical audits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records using the provided e-portfolio system.
- Actively engage in ongoing professional development, utilizing the educational supervisor provided for guidance and support.
- Adhere to all relevant clinical guidelines, protocols, and best practices to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience in obstetrics and gynaecology, in the NHS or in Europe.
- Medical degree from a recognized institution.
- Full MRCOG and GMC Registration.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and a willingness to learn and grow within the field.
- Familiarity with e-portfolio systems and the ability to effectively utilize them for documentation and learning purposes.
- Competitive salary package with attractive benefits.
- Opportunity to work in brand new maternity and gynaecology wards, experiencing approximately 2,200 deliveries per year.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and professional growth.
- Access to an educational supervisor to provide guidance and support throughout the contract period.
- Assistance with the management of the e-portfolio system for streamlined documentation and career development.
- Located in a beautiful market town with a range of good schools, offering an excellent quality of life.
- Convenient transportation links, including excellent railway connections to Cambridge, London, and Norwich, with direct train access to major London airports within 1.5 hours.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be