Remedium Job Portal
Locum Consultant - Respiratory Medicine
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Respiratory Medicine Consultant to join a supportive Trust in the North East of England. As a Respiratory Medicine Consultant, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive and high-quality care to patients with respiratory disorders. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a well-equipped department that offers all respiratory services, with the exception of lung transplants. The role also supports the opportunity to work towards the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
- Provide expert clinical care and management to patients with respiratory conditions.
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of respiratory disorders.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans for patients, ensuring continuity of care and regular follow-ups.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments, interpret diagnostic tests, and perform procedures such as bronchoscopy, pulmonary function tests, and thoracic ultrasound.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals to deliver integrated care and participate in regular clinical meetings.
- Actively participate in research and clinical trials, contributing to the advancement of respiratory medicine and promoting evidence-based practice.
- Provide teaching and mentorship to junior doctors, medical students, and other healthcare professionals.
- Engage in continuous professional development, keeping up-to-date with the latest developments and advancements in the field of respiratory medicine.
- Full MRCP is required for this role.
- Full registration with the GMC and inclusion on the Specialist Register, or eligible for registration within six months of the interview date.
- Extensive clinical experience in the management of respiratory disorders, including both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Proven competence in performing diagnostic procedures and interpreting test results, such as bronchoscopy, pulmonary function tests, and thoracic ultrasound.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to empathize with patients and provide clear explanations of complex medical information.
- UK consultant experience required.
Life in the North East of England:
The North East of England offers a vibrant and welcoming community, with a rich history and stunning natural landscapes. Known for its friendly locals and strong sense of community, the region provides an excellent quality of life for residents. The area boasts beautiful coastlines, picturesque countryside, and vibrant cities such as Newcastle and Durham. The North East is also known for its lively music and nightlife scene, as well as a diverse culinary landscape, featuring local delicacies and international cuisine.