Remedium Job Portal
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Locum Consultant Medical Microbiologist to join a leading Trust in the North West.
As a Locum Consultant, you will provide comprehensive medical microbiology expertise and contribute to the efficient functioning of the microbiology department.
Medical Microbiology Expertise: Utilize your in-depth knowledge and expertise in medical microbiology to contribute to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases. Perform a wide range of laboratory tests and procedures, including but not limited to bacterial culture, antibiotic susceptibility testing, molecular diagnostics, serology, and parasitology.
Clinical Consultation: Provide expert advice and consultations to healthcare professionals, including physicians, clinicians, and other medical staff, on the appropriate use and interpretation of microbiology tests, antimicrobial therapy, and infection control measures.
Laboratory Management: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the microbiology laboratory, ensuring compliance with relevant standards, guidelines, and regulations. Take responsibility for quality assurance, quality control, and performance improvement initiatives within the department.
Teaching and Training: Mentor and provide guidance to junior medical staff, including undergraduates, residents, and laboratory technicians. Deliver educational presentations, workshops, and seminars to enhance the understanding of microbiology and promote best practices among healthcare professionals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Full GMC registration and inclusion on the Specialist Register, or within 6 months of completion, as a Medical Microbiologist.
- MBBS, MRCP, MD/PhD or equivalent medical qualification.
- Extensive experience and expertise in medical microbiology, including diagnostic laboratory techniques and infectious disease management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex microbiological data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and the provision of clear explanations to non-specialists.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, patient safety, and infection control.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a laboratory team.
- Research experience and a track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals is desirable.
As a Locum Consultant Medical Microbiologist, you will play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality microbiology services, contributing to patient care, and advancing the field of medical microbiology. Your expertise will be instrumental in diagnosing and managing infectious diseases, providing consultative support, and promoting best practices in microbiology.
The role is located in the North West of England, a diverse and vibrant region that offers a rich and fulfilling lifestyle. Home to the iconic city of Liverpool, the North West is renowned for its history, culture, and warm-hearted community.