Remedium Job Portal
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Specialist Doctor in General Adult Psychiatry to join a well-established Mental Health Trust in North London.
The duties of this role include attending daily morning referral meetings, offering support in the triaging of patients requiring a medical opinion, conducting diagnostic assessments, and providing treatment for individuals under the team's care. You will take the lead in managing complex cases and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to formulate treatment plans. Ensuring comprehensive patient care, you will liaise with other agencies to address patients' physical health needs. Offering support to carers and relatives, you will facilitate access to community-oriented services, fostering collaboration with other Trust services and external partner agencies. Compliance with legal obligations and ensuring fair access to services will be integral to your role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly attend daily morning referral meetings.
- Support the triaging of patients requiring a medical opinion within the Barnet North Core Community Team.
- Conduct diagnostic assessments and deliver appropriate treatment for patients under the team's care.
- Take the lead in managing complex cases to ensure comprehensive patient support.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to formulate treatment plans.
- Ensure the review and care of patients' physical health through liaison with other agencies, including GPs and general hospital services.
- Promote mental health and independence for all individuals under the care of the team.
- Demonstrate clinical and professional leadership within the service.
- Offer support to carers and relatives, involving them in care plans whenever possible.
- Facilitate access to a range of community-oriented services for those in need.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration with other Trust services and external partner agencies in the best interests of patients.
- Deliver a service of the highest quality, considering the available resources.
- Promote high-quality management of mental health patients by non-medical staff.
- Support non-medical colleagues in their independent work.
- Participate in management activities related to the post or the wider service within which it is embedded.
- Comply with all legal obligations covering clinical practice, including the Mental Health Act (1983) and Mental Capacity Act (2005).
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring fair access to services for all individuals.
- Adhere to procedures for reporting concerns about the professional conduct or competence of medical or other colleagues.
Qualifications and Experience:
To be considered for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Full GMC registration.
- Full MRCPsych.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience, with at least 6 years at the Specialty Doctor level in a relevant specialty.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full GMC
- Full MRCPsych
Life in North London:
North London is known for its welcoming community, cultural attractions, and numerous green spaces. North London boasts a thriving arts and entertainment scene, with museums, galleries, theaters, and live performance venues providing diverse cultural experiences. The area is well-served by excellent schools, offering quality education for families. With convenient transport links, residents can easily access other parts of the city and beyond, making North London a convenient and appealing location for both personal and professional pursuits.