Remedium Job Portal
Radiology GU Consultant
West MidlandsRadiologyPermanent18 May 2023We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Consultant Radiologist to join a leading trust in the West Midlands.
As a Consultant Radiologist, you will play a pivotal role in providing exceptional diagnostic imaging services and contributing to the overall patient care.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals and will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely radiological assessments, including reporting oncology MRIs of the pelvis, in addition to being familiar with non-malignant pathology.
- Perform and interpret a wide range of radiological examinations, including X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, ultrasounds, and other imaging modalities.
- Provide expert radiological opinions and diagnoses to assist in patient management and treatment planning.
- Ensure the appropriate and safe use of radiological equipment and imaging techniques, adhering to established protocols and guidelines.
- Review and analyse radiological images and reports to identify abnormalities, diseases, or injuries.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with physicians, specialists, and other healthcare professionals to discuss patient cases, treatment plans, and ongoing care.
- Provide consultation and guidance to junior radiologists, radiographers, and other members of the medical team.
- Keep abreast of advancements in radiological technology, techniques, and research to ensure the provision of high-quality, evidence-based radiological services.
- Participate in departmental meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and clinical audits to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and quality assurance standards, including radiation safety protocols and data protection regulations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, including imaging reports, clinical notes, and relevant documentation.
- Engage in professional development activities, such as attending conferences, workshops, and training sessions to enhance knowledge and skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR or equivalent)
- Specialist Register or be within 6 months of their CCT at the time of interview
- Full GMC Registration
- Must have extensive experience in GU.
This position is based in the West Midlands region of the United Kingdom. The area offers a vibrant cultural scene, excellent transport links, and a diverse community.
The West Midlands is home to several universities, leading research institutions and a thriving business community. With excellent transport links to other parts of the UK and Europe, the West Midlands offers a fantastic quality of life for individuals and families alike.