Remedium Job Portal
Consultant Radiologist with an interest in Neuro
We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Consultant Radiologist with a specialized interest in neuroimaging to join a dynamic team at a leading healthcare trust in Northern Ireland. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in radiology with a focus on neuroimaging, holding a full FRCR qualification and experience in the field.
The role requires expertise in interpreting complex neuro radiological images, providing accurate diagnoses, and collaborating closely with multidisciplinary teams to enhance patient care. The consultant will contribute to clinical governance, research activities, and education, playing a vital role in maintaining and advancing the high standards of care delivered by the trust.
- Perform and interpret a wide range of neuroimaging studies, including MRI, CT, and other modalities, to diagnose and assess neurological conditions.
- Provide expert radiological advice and consultations to clinicians and other healthcare professionals, aiding in treatment planning and patient management.
- Collaborate with neurologists, neurosurgeons, and other specialists to ensure accurate and timely diagnosis and treatment of neurologic conditions.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, contributing valuable insights and expertise to enhance patient outcomes.
- Actively engage in clinical governance, quality improvement, and audit activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of radiological services.
- Contribute to teaching and training activities for junior doctors, radiographers, and other healthcare staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Contribute to research initiatives and publications, advancing the knowledge and understanding of neuroimaging techniques and their applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full GMC registration (or working towards full registration)
- FRCR qualification and specialist training in radiology
- Extensive experience and expertise in neuroimaging interpretation and reporting
- Strong clinical judgment and ability to provide accurate and timely diagnoses
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Commitment to continuous professional development and keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field
Life in Northern Ireland:
This role is based at a reputable and well-established healthcare organisation in Northern Ireland. Renowned for its commitment to patient-centered care and innovative medical practices, the organisation provides a supportive and collaborative environment for its medical professionals.
Northern Ireland offers a unique blend of natural beauty, vibrant culture, and historical significance, making it an excellent place to live and work. With a strong sense of community and high standard of living, this location provides an ideal work-life balance for those looking to make a positive impact on patient care while enjoying a high quality of life.