Remedium Job Portal
Specialty Doctor – Women’s Services
We’re looking for an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Specialty doctor for an NHS Trust in the North of England.
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support and help to provide a comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynaecology service within the Trust. They will work in close co-operation with nursing, midwifery, professional and technical staff.
From a clinical perspective these posts will participate in the cross site middle grade rota which supports provision of 24 hour Obstetrics and Gynaecology cover.
The main duties of the post will include;
- Provision of care to patients in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Referral of patients to other specialities as appropriate
- In conjunction with senior colleagues to play a full role in the out-of-hours on-call service for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, including being on-call. Although post holders may not initially have the competencies to manage the specialty cover overnight it is expected that during the rotation they will develop to take on this role.
- Out-patient activities/clinics dependent on the needs of patients
- Involvement in relevant multi-disciplinary teams and meetings
- Involvement in relevant administration duties
- Teaching and supervision of junior medical staff and other clinicians as appropriate
- Active involvement in audit and clinical governance including service improvement activities
- Successful completion of MRCOG or equivalent
- GMC Registration
- IELTS or OET
This trust offers an incredible benefits package including: personal development opportunities, onsite gym/great discounts on external gyms, onsite nursery/holiday club, maternity, paternity and adoption support as well as much, much more.
If you’re interested in this role, don’t delay, apply now.
Please ensure you’re able to travel to Kerala or Mumbai at the end of November for these interviews.