Remedium Job Portal
Community CAHMS Specialty Doctor
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Specialty Doctor to join a dynamic team based in North London.
The CAMHS Specialty Doctor will play a pivotal role in providing high-quality psychiatric care to children and adolescents within the community setting. This role presents an opportunity to make a significant impact on the well-being and development of children and adolescents, contributing to the enhancement of their mental health and overall quality of life.
- Conduct thorough psychiatric assessments and evaluations of children and adolescents, considering their emotional, psychological, and developmental needs.
- Collaborate with a team of mental health professionals, including psychologists, social workers, and nurses, to develop comprehensive treatment plans tailored to each patient's unique circumstances.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including psychotherapy and medication management, to address a variety of mental health disorders.
- Monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans as needed, and ensure timely follow-up appointments to track ongoing improvement.
- Educate patients, families, and caregivers about mental health conditions, treatment options, and strategies for coping and managing symptoms.
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings, and continuous professional development activities to stay updated on the latest research and best practices in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of service improvement initiatives within the CAMHS community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Full GMC Registration, with a license to practice
- Section 12 certification, or a commitment to work towards this.
- Proficient management of a broad range of mental disorders in children, including neurodevelopmental disorders.
- At least 4 years of full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time basis) of which at least 2 years will be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
Life in North London
North London offers a vibrant and culturally diverse environment that combines the best of city living with charming green spaces. The area is renowned for its rich history, cultural attractions, and world-class educational institutions. From the bustling markets and eclectic dining options to the tranquil parks and recreational facilities, North London provides a balanced lifestyle for professionals and families alike.
The diverse neighborhoods foster a sense of community and belonging, and the proximity to various transportation options ensures easy access to all that London has to offer. With a plethora of entertainment, arts, and outdoor activities, North London is a fantastic place to live and work, providing a unique blend of urban excitement and a welcoming atmosphere.