Remedium Job Portal
Locum Consultant in Obs
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to join a prestigious trust in Northern Ireland. This is a 12-month contract position with the potential for extension, offering a rewarding opportunity to work in a renowned department. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing high-quality patient care and contribute to the ongoing success of our Obstetrics and Gynaecology team.
- Provide expert clinical care and leadership in obstetrics and gynaecology, ensuring the delivery of safe, efficient, and patient-centred services.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to develop and implement evidence-based care pathways, guidelines, and protocols.
- Participate in regular multidisciplinary team meetings and contribute to discussions on patient management, service improvement, and clinical governance.
- Actively engage in clinical audit and research activities to enhance patient care, contributing to the trust's commitment to excellence.
- Contribute to the teaching and supervision of junior medical staff, fostering a positive learning environment.
- Allocate 6 hours per week toward continuing education and specialist training with support from the CESR lead, facilitating your professional development.
- Embrace the opportunity to pursue a sub-specialty interest of your choice, promoting innovation and enhancing the breadth of services provided.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of patient care, maintaining high standards of record-keeping and information governance.
- Maintain professional registration and actively participate in professional development activities to stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Medical degree and completion of specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Full MRCOG and GMC registration.
- Substantial experience as a Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, demonstrating a high level of clinical competence.
- Commitment to providing exceptional patient care and a track record of delivering safe and effective services.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills.
- Willingness to contribute to the training and education of junior doctors, fostering a positive learning environment.
- An interest in pursuing a sub-specialty of choice, promoting the development of specialized services within the department.
- Familiarity with CESR requirements and a commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a demanding clinical environment.
- Experience in the NHS or Europe is desirable.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with an Obstetrics and Gynaecology team ranked top in the UK for training by the RCOG, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Dedicated support and 6 hours per week allocated toward CESR support with the CESR lead, facilitating your professional development and progression.
- Openness to considering your sub-specialty interest of choice, promoting innovation and enhancing the range of services provided.
- Joining a department that sees approximately 4,000 deliveries per year, allowing for a diverse and challenging caseload.
- Located in the town of Newry, considered one of the safest and happiest places to live in the UK, offering an excellent quality of life.
- Convenient transportation links, with a 45-minute commute to Belfast and 1 hour 20 minutes to Dublin, allowing for easy access to major cities.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment. The position is subject to relevant background checks and medical clearances.has context menu